13 (Saturday) 9:00 am - 14 (Sunday) 6:00 pm EST
AHA Health & Harmony Center
15971 McGregor Blvd, Fort Myers, FL 33908
Description: MOVING VIOLATIONS: How to identify & Treat NeuroMyofascial Dysfunctions Your clients spend their lives walking, driving, dancing, playing sports. Humans MOVE! It’s time to learn how to assess and treat their “Moving
MOVING VIOLATIONS: How to identify & Treat NeuroMyofascial Dysfunctions
Your clients spend their lives walking, driving, dancing, playing sports. Humans MOVE!
It’s time to learn how to assess and treat their “Moving Violations” –-
Our pain problems, fascial distortions and dysfunction show up when we are in motion…
In this 2-day, hands-on intensive, you’ll learn how to figure out those funky, dysfunctional movement patterns and then…
address the pain at its source, finally, providing lasting myofascial pain relief.
When treating pain from myofascial trigger points & dysfunction is not enough:
Learn to see Dynamic Myofascial Dysfunctions in every ones unique gait & behavior
- HUMANS ADAPT! Assessing todays’ movement from yesterdays (yesterYEARS) injuries will allow you to identify NeuroMyoFascial adaptations and compensatory patterns
- Recognize associated mechanical & systemic ramifications of myofascial dysfunction
- Learn how to find & treat hidden Latent Trigger Points
Effective therapy for hidden Neuro-MyoFascial Dysfunctions:
How to leverage the interactivity between the brain, peripheral nervous system, myofascial network, biomechanics, & aberrant movement
- The BRILLIANT efficiency of the Brain encourages INSTANT adaptive “solutions” that result in “functional” dysfunction
- How injured muscles LEARN “the right wrong thing” that lead to ongoing
dysfunctional adaptations so we can continue to function until pain STOPS US
- Learn how to find the story behind the story… something you were never taught in school
- Take a journey through the miraculous NeuroMyoFascial system: how and why it REALLY holds & releases pain patterns, postural compensations, old physical trauma and emotions
Restore functional movement by activating key Mover & Stabilizer muscles
with dynamic manual therapy techniques & the Walking Release™ Method
- GRAVITY is your friend: Learn to access this “assistant therapist” for immediate results
- Stabilizers! The muscle function you never learned in school, and isn’t in the text books… Learn how to reactivate these core muscles and instantly restore biomechanical ease
- Once you are STABLE… You can MOVE! Understand the function of Movers & learn the techniques to release, re-educate these key activation muscles
- Learn the fascinating relationship between agonist and antagonist muscles: You’ve seen this in your practice, and couldn’t fathom what was happening. You’ll get it, as soon as you see it!
- Learn to use systematic static & dynamic postural assessment tools,
client history intake procedures & dynamic re-education protocols
Apply powerful microcurrent protocols to support restoration
of natural neuro-electrical flow for movement through resonance
- If you have been trained to use Frequency Specific Microcurrent (FSM), you’ll receive mobilization & motor sensory reboot protocols to enhance the dynamic treatment techniques you learn in this workshop
Your Powerful Learning Objectives
Practitioners will demonstrate proficiency in assessing myofascial pain & dysfunction; be able to identify fascial distortion and scarring; be able to identify postural distortions, stabilizer muscle weaknesses, and mover muscle dysfunction in the “Mover and Stabilizer muscles” driven by the brain “compensating for an injury/trauma/catastrophic event”; be able to demonstrate basic competence in applying specific active/dynamic manual therapy techniques & the Walking Release™ method to restore optimal movement, function, and vitality.
- Apply the diagnosis criteria for myofascial pain and dysfunction
- Be able to identify specific myofascial pain pattern maps
- Demonstrate understanding of current fascia concepts
- Demonstrate understanding of non-painful myofascial disturbances,
including muscle weakness, proprioceptive disturbances, and related autonomic dysfunctions
- Differentiate between active trigger points, latent trigger points, fascial distortion & scarring
- Gain a deeper understanding of the emotional impact of injury or trauma on the NeuroMyoFascial system, microtubules and limbic system
- Learn to remember your dermatomes and myotomes quickly and easily (guaranteed)
- Identify the genesis of aberrant movement patterns & distorted biomechanics
- Learn the critical stabilizer muscles and how to PROPERLY activate them
- Practice activation & treatment of the “mover and stabilizer” muscles
- Be able to apply the concepts of body reading and functional movement in assessing client pain, dysfunction, and aberrant movement patterns
- Gain hands-on experience in therapeutic techniques to resolve dysfunctional motor patterns and/or fascial distortions quickly
- Be able to design patient-specific “gravity-assisted movement release” protocols after evaluating for issues with flexion, extension or rotation
- Apply specific active, dynamic manual therapy techniques to resolve pain and dysfunction in the hips, torso and shoulders
- Demonstrate basic competence in applying the Walking Release™ method to treat dynamic postural and movement dysfunctions
Practitioners that have studied the work of Dr. Janet Travell (Shannon’s earliest influencer and teacher) or trained with Cathy Cohen, LMT, CMTPT or Judith DeLany, LMT on myofascial pain, trigger points and perpetuating factors are uniquely qualified and will quickly grasp the concepts and treatment techniques taught in this class. This class is not recommended for students unfamiliar with myofascial pain, trigger points, or postural evaluation. Additionally, if you have hyper-mobility in the joints of the hands or wrists you may not be able to apply some of the techniques taught
Presenter: Shannon Goossen, AP, LMT, CMTPT
Shannon is a Licensed Acupuncture Physician and Massage Therapist. She is a recognized national expert in treating myofascial pain and solving complex neuropathic pain problems using novel techniques and incorporating microcurrent and bioenergetic devices. Shannon teaches nationally and offers private clinical in-services. Her many innovations include the development of the Walking Release™ Method and Mover-Stabilizer concept. She is President of Comprehensive Myofascial Therapy Associates and the Educational Director for the National Foundation for Integrative Medicine (NFIM.org). She is a contributing writer for two textbooks and has had several articles published on spinal disorders, myofascial pain, clinical evaluation and is an award winning presenter on microcurrent. She led a team that helped innovate microcurrent devices for ease of use and affordability and was the founder of MEND Technology. Most recently, Shannon was selected to teach the use of Microcurrent (FSM) to solve chronic pain for a USAF demonstration project. Currently her FSM protocols, Mover/Stabilizer & Walking Release methods are being implemented by MDs, PT’s, OT’s, LMT’s, LAc’s.& DC’s
16 FL approved Live CE hours for LMTs
(Thursday) 8:30 am - 3:45 pm Timezone EDT
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport Hotel
13869 Park Center Road, Herndon, Va 20171
Join us for this hands-on microcurrent class where you can learn and practice how to incorporate your myofascial techniques while using FSM. You will learn and practice specific electrode set ups,
Join us for this hands-on microcurrent class where you can learn and practice how to incorporate your myofascial techniques while using FSM.
You will learn and practice specific electrode set ups, variations on hands on techniques for fast results, addressing old emotional patterns, and how to integrate new postures and movement patterns. Myofascial pain and dysfunction microcurrent practicums include: Specific activation techniques for core stabilization, trigger point releases, neuromyofascial integration You are welcome to use any type of microcurrent device that you own and devices will also be available to practitioners to use during all practicums. Sign up today and bring your toughest case histories and questions to class. This class is the fastest and most economical way to get trained in microcurrent to use in your clinics, at home, or with family and friends.
For new microcurrent practitioners, this class includes the online microcurrent course as a PREREQUISITE. That online course is approximately 8 hours and you will have access after you register. All attendees must demonstrate that they have completed that course and be prepared before attending this Pre-Conference workshop. One 90 minute Pre-Conference Webinar will be scheduled a week before the convention to review the online course content and answer any questions from anyone attending the workshop.
Registration with the online class for practitioners new to microcurrent will close early in September.
Presenter: Shannon Goossen, AP, LMT, CMTPT
Shannon Goossen, AP, LMT, CMTPT owns a private practice in Jacksonville, FL. She is president of Comprehensive Myofascial Therapy Associates, established in 1996. In 2016 she led a team of pain practitioners transitioning a new medical microcurrent device into the pain management community. Shannon and her team successfully worked through the regulatory, manufacturing, training and marketing strategies required to successfully transition this technology into the market place. She teaches nationally about FSM (Frequency Specific Microcurrent) and offers web based training opportunities through www.FrequenciesthatMEND.com, Most recently, in 2018 she was the lead instructor and trainer for a 3 1/2 demonstration study for the DoD to evaluate the efficacy of incorporating microcurrent and bioenergetic devices in hospital outpatient care at Nellis AFB for their chronic pain cases. Following the demonstration, successful patient outcomes were reported to be better than 90%.
In Florida, Shannon is a Licensed Acupuncture Physician, Licensed Massage Therapist and Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist. Shannon has a bachelor degree in Biology and graduated from Hendrix College in 1986. Shannon graduated from the Pittsburgh School of Pain Management (1997) and from the Classical Acupuncture Institute in 2001. She is board certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (Diplomate), the Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy National Board, the Academy of Integrative Pain Management (Fellow). As a recognized national expert in treating myofascial pain and dysfunction, she expanded her clinical practice by completing her AFMCP (Applying Functional Medical in Clinical Practice) certification through the Institute for Functional Medicine. This certificate allows Shannon to broaden and complete her health care modalities for her most complex patients. Additionally, Shannon has collaborated with her husband, an orthopedic spine surgeon, for over 18 years demonstrating the effectiveness of applying integrative medicine concepts in clinical practice and during pre and post-operative periods with enormous success. She is a contributing writer to two textbooks (Clinical Mastery in the Treatment of Myofascial Pain 2004, Clinical Application of Neuromuscular Techniques 2005) and has had several articles published on spinal disorders, myofascial pain and dysfunction and clinical evaluation.
Shannon is an award winning clinician and gifted provider. She uses all types of bio-physical devices including dual channel microcurrent, single channel microcurrent and PEMF. Many of her cases are published in the 7th and 8th Annual Microcurrent Case Conference Proceedings for which her presentations were awarded 1st place in 2013. She served on multiple boards including the Academy for Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy, the National Association for Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist executive committee (Vice President & President) from 1999-2004, the international editorial board for the Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapy (2001-2012). Additionally, She has been presenting at national meetings since 1999 and offers regular CEU workshops on subjects including myofascial pain & dysfunction, spinal disorders and rehabilitation, neurological screening and evaluation, and the use of microcurrent and bio-energetic devices in clinical practice.
Shannon is a pro-bono advisor and director of education for the National Foundation of Integrative Medicine (NFIM). She is collaborating on research initiatives gathering evidence for the efficacy of bio-physical devices in several different clinical applications.
NAMTPT MEMBERS Register Here! $189.00
NAMTPT NON-MEMBERS Register Here! $259.00
- Free shuttle to and from the Airport (10 min ride)
- free wireless high speed internet access (wifi)
- complimentary business center
- 24 hour fitness center
- Indoor heated pool and seasonal outdoor pool
- Heated Whirlpool
- Complimentary Self Parking